Table of Contents
What is this?
My reminder for onsen and bathes in and around Tokyo.
My personal charts
Northwest of Tokyo city center
- Toshimaen Niwa-no-Yu/豊島園 庭の湯
- 35.744115, 139.648092
- has areas like onsen where men/women are separated, and a commonly used pool area where swimming dress has to be used
- ca. 2800円, includes towel and bathing area visit
- outside pools exist, with trees, recommended in autumn
- Maenohara Onsen/さやの湯処
- 35.770733, 139.692749
- ca. 1100円, excluding towel
- outside pools exist
- a bit of green/nature
- 35.738088, 139.739997
- Near Ikebukuro, nicely reachable via Yamanote-train line
- Around cherry blossom time (sakura), this bath has a pool with Sakura coloured water
Northeast of Tokyo city center
- THE SPA 西新井
- 35.775005, 139.789986
- ca. 1230円, excluding towel
- outside pools exist, but just open towards the sky, not much nature
- Tōkyō-to, Adachi-ku, 西新井栄町
North of Tokyo city center
- 越谷天然温泉美人の湯 ゆの華
- 35.870755, 139.779439
- almost no green/nature, but the important things are there
- ca. 700円, excluding towel
Southwest of Tokyo city center
- 宮前平源泉 湯けむりの庄
- 35.586614, 139.581061
- Kawasaki area. Quite big, much outside, much light.
- around 1500円, including towel and Yukata
- 35.375835, 139.196662
- Tanzawa area, 18min by foot from the Shibuzawa station. Not bad after being to Nabewarisan.
- Not very big, but has a part outside. In April at 4pm, the sun was directly shining into the bath.
West of Tokyo city center
- Keio Takao Hotsprings Gokuraku-yu / 京王高尾山温泉 極楽湯
- The onsen is right next to the Takaosanguchi trainstation. A long drive from Tokyo, but after climbing Takaosan very refreshing. Not huge, but nicely done with the restricted space.
- THE SPA Seijo
- 35.656565, 139.615746
- Just a small part outside, this sento is at the 2nd level of a building. Not much green, not big. 1080円 for 1 hour (you bring your towel), 1700円 for 5 hours including towel set. Special rates on some days, I payed ~1200円 for the 5 hours ticket.
- 深大寺温泉 湯守の里
- 35.666059, 139.548749
- On weekend, an adult pays including towel 1200円, without time limit.
- This onsen is not big, but one of the nicest ones I have seen. Much nature, looks nicely old. A recommendation!
- 1 hour by bike from Shimokitazawa.
- Yukemurinosato Onsen/仙川湯けむりの里
- 35.657933, 139.588478
- 850円 per adult without towel.
- Not big, but half of it is outside. 45min by bike from Shimokitazawa
- Ryusenji-no-yu Hachioji Minamino/竜泉寺の湯 八王子みなみ野店
- 35.641093, 139.332776
- Quite big, also outside area. Nice by itself, but not near to a train station. A bus to a station exists.
- Tokinoirodori Natural Hot Spring Inagi/稲城天然温泉 季乃彩
- 35.645634, 139.490236
- Quite big, also an outside area. The restaurant is also good, besides many other things they have black soba.
japan/onsen_guide.txt · Last modified: 2022/12/24 14:11 by chris