What is this?
Just a collection of things around running/jogging in Tokyo.
- Strava has a great map for seeing where people run and record, this helps to see which places are famous for running: https://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#13.84/139.65278/35.64940/hot/run
- https://trailrouter.com/ is a website/app, where you can set a “starting point” on the map, and a distance (for example 10km), and it will compute a route for you, as green as possible, not along big roads and so on. Recommended!
- 荒川/Aragawa is nearby, one can run along the river very nicely: few cars, no stopping because of traffic lights. No light in the evening/night.
- The way is asphalt, but often one can use the grass along the way.
- Afterwards a visit in a nearby onsen is great.
- overall rating: 5/5
- Shimokitazawa has just smaller parks in direct vicinity, just good for 30min of jogging.
- option 1:
- one can run until Suginami Kuritsu Seibiyogo School/杉並区立済美養護学校, use a phone and google maps/yahoo transit as guidance. This first part is just to get to the actual jogging place, takes 25min when running (50min when walking) and is along big roads → not very nice.
- actual jogging: along the Zenpukuji River, heading west. Some traffic lights, and the way is stone/asphalt mostly, not very nice.
- overall rating: 2/5 (all plain roads would be worse)
- option 2: 代々木公園/yoyogi kouen
- option 3: 玉川/Tamagawa
- option 4: 皇居/koukyo/around the emperors palace
- option 5: 神田川/Kanda river
japan/running_guide.txt · Last modified: 2022/08/03 13:16 by 127.0.0.1