Table of Contents
Tokyo, hiking daytrips
- trip ideas:
- yamaquest – I like this site most.
- ideas for further trips which have seen some research already
- Jinbasan area
- Tokyo → Torisawa Station, climb Ogiyama, climb Momokurasan, down to Saruhashi Station (猿橋駅)
- via train station Sagano/笹子駅
- Hakone area
- start at 矢倉沢バス停 (2h10m from home)
- way back: 2h30m
- start at Ozawa Substation/五日市警察署 小沢駐在所, go to 御前山, go to 奥多摩駅, 7hours
- start at Mizune Parking Lot, go to 六ツ石山, go to 奥多摩駅, 7hours15min
- Mount Kawanori
- Train to Okutama-station
- bus to Mt. Kawanori mountain trailhead/川苔山登山口 (google maps has bus plan)
- climb up to Mnt Kawanori, 2h
- descend to Hatonosu/鳩ノ巣駅, an onsen in a hotel is nearby, and trainstation on line to Tokyo
- a 6 hours trip, great views, and one place with “climbing down with a chains”
- a 5.5 hours trip, with great Udon on the mountain top
大山(Mount Ouyama, 神奈川県)
- a 4 hours/8 km trip, including temple and shrines
- visited: 20190816
- start at the Saijoji Parking Lot, Daiyucho, Minamiashigara, Kanagawa 250-0127. Planning with google maps works, for me it meant to take the train and then 2 buses. (2h30m from home for me)
- right at the start, there is a nice Buddhist temple area
- then go to Myoujingatake top, might take 2 or 3 hours, if you do not come off the path as I did
- no stores at the top, but depending on weather nice views
- then way back on the other side of the mountain to bus station 箱根登山バス 宮城野営業所, takes 150min
- then via bus and train back to Tokyo, took 2h30m for me
- The mountain is ok, but hard to reach for me. For example 鍋割山 in the vicinity is much better to reach and has also nice views.
- a 5h15m trip, 23km (complete Mikata station → Okutama station)
- from Tokyo go to 軍畑駅/Ikusabata station
- route: JR軍畑駅〜高源寺〜高水山〜岩茸石山〜惣岳山〜JR御嶽駅, 3hours 45min
- from Tokyo go to 古里駅(こりえき) station
- course: 古里駅(こりえき) 7:30 → 9:00 大塚山(おおつかやま) → 10:00 御岳山(みたけさん) → 11:00 鍋割山(なべわりやま) → 12:00 大岳山(おおたけさん) 13:00 → 鋸山(のこぎりやま) or 海沢探勝路(うなざわたんかつろ) → 16:00 もえぎの湯 → 17:30 奥多摩駅(おくたまえき)
- Near to the last train station, Okutama, there are ~4 Onsen, just right after such a day.
- idea from: https://retrip.jp/articles/12934/?page=2
- from Tokyo, go to Oku-tama-station (奥多摩駅/おくたまえき）. Quite far, might take 2 hours.
- drive with the bus 西東京バス into direction 奥多摩湖方面, get off after ~10 minutes at 境橋 station
- The bus station is directly on a bridge, 35.797969, 139.078265. From the train station, the way to 御前山（ごぜんやま）starts. Bus schedule: https://www.navitime.co.jp/diagram/bus/00042103/00012276/1/ . Google maps also has the bus plans.
- climbing up takes around 2hours
- a 3.5-5.5 hour trip from Okutama via Honnitasan to Hatonosu station
West of Tokyo
- take train to Takaosanguchi(高尾山口), 60min from Shinjuku
- then ropeway, or lift, or climb to Takao-san. Takao-san is not very challenging, but a nice start, and along the way there are temples and shrines. When at the top of Takao-san, one can also decide to go further: to one, two or even 3 mountains nearby. See Jinbasan notes.
- There is a nice bath inside the Takaosan-guchi-trainstation.
Jinbasan/陣馬山 white horse
- a great 6 hour trip, from Fujino station to Jinbasan and then Takaosan
- a nice 4 hours trip, seeing Sagamiko lake, climbing Sekirouzan, Onsen visit possible
North of Tokyo
- take train to Tsukuba trainstation(つくば駅), 60min from Tokyo
- then enter the shuttle bus (筑波山シャトルバス) to 筑波山神社入口(Tsukubasanjinjairiguchi), takes 36min
- then either climb up (90min) or take the cablecar (5min)
- from there you can eat, and visit both mountains (takes 15min to each), or walk other routes
- When going down again via cablecar or by foot, there are several Onsen. 3 are part of hotels and only open for non-hotel-guests until 3pm. A small onsen exists and is free for normal customers, also after 3pm.
- From Tokyo, take the train to Doi-station/土合駅, takes ~3hours
- from there, go to 谷川土合口駅 (24min walk, or by car)
- from there a ropeway and chairlift go upwards
- from the plateau it takes 3 hours of walking to the top of 谷川岳. Good shoes recommended.
- in case you go there by car, you can also reach the great 望郷の湯 onsen: http://www.boukyou.com/shisetsu/
area south-east of Mnt.Fuji
- 金時山(きんときやま)/Mount Ashigara/Mount Kintoki
- great view of Mt.Fuji
- Tokyo→Gotemba-station (2:15h), bus to Otome Toge bus stop, 120min until Mount Kintoki
- OR Tokyo→Ashigara station, 90min walk to Ashigara Pass (足柄峠/Ashigara-tōge), then 90 minutes walk to Mount Ashigara
- from Tokyo train to 富士山駅, from there walk 90min to 忍野八海, or bus. The train is crowded on weekend, if possible reserve a seat.
- If walking from 富士山駅, one can stop by at the “Fujisansaku Park”, it's on the way and nice. Navigation with Google maps worked nicely for walking directions.
japan/tokyo_hiking_daytrips.txt · Last modified: 2022/08/03 13:16 by 127.0.0.1